Who We Are
Responding to Disasters
Health & Safety Services
Take a Class More…
Service to Northern Counties
Nominate a Hero
Support your United Way
United Way of Genesee County.
United Way_ of L apeer County.
The American Red Cross has been responding to disasters across the country, from North Dakota to the East Coast and all throughout the South. The Red Cross estimates that it will spend as much as $31 million responding to the disasters.
To donate to the relief effort, call 1-800 REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767) or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. contributions can also be sent to your local American Red Cross Chapter. Any donation will help. For example, $3 can provide a comfort kit, $6 can cover the cost of a blanket, $10 the cost of a hot meal or $150 can cover the cost of providing food and shelter to a family of four for a day they spend in a shelter.
Your help is needed!
$10.00 donation to American Red Cross. Charges will appear on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance. All purchases must be authorized by account holder. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 90999 to STOP. Text HELP to 90999 for HELP. Full Terms: www.redcross.org/m
Certified Nurse Assistant Training Program
The Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program prepares individuals with the information and the skills needed to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) who will provide quality care for residents in long-term care facilities, hospitals, home health care and hospice settings.
The ARC- Genesee-Lapeer Chapter’s CNA 115 hour training program includes theory and skills practice enabling participants to provide quality care for residents in long-term care facilities. The clinical practice component (approximately 26 hours) will take place in a local extended-care facility. Skills are taught that range from taking blood pressure and respiration, personal care and grooming to communication skills. A special Life Skills session will be instructed by our community partner – Goodwill Industries. The course fulfills the Sate of Michigan requirements to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA). Upon successful completion participants will receive red Cross certificates and will be eligible to take the Michigan Nurse Aid Competency Evaluation for State Certification.
Tuition includes: 115 hours of training in adult and child CPR/AED, first aid, and blood-borne pathogens; student manual, uniform, and the State of Michigan Certified Nurse Assistant certification fee (approximate value of $180).
Day and evening classes are available. To register, students must have attended a two-hour Nurse Assistant Training orientation where all aspects of the program will be explained. Pre-testing and health forms will be distributed at orientation.
Course Requirements: Must be 18 years of age, must pass a Michigan State Police background check and have a minimum sixth grade reading comprehension and basic math skills. Must have negative PPD TB skin test or check x-ray. A high School diploma or GED is required. Must have a sincere desire to work with the ill, elderly, disable and inured population. Participation in this program does involve some physical exertion. NOTE: Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. is a required program skill.
Course Fee: $1,450
American Red Cross Genesee-Lapeer Chapter, 1401 S. Grand Traverse, Flint
Orientation Session 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. To attend an orientation, please call (810) 766-6405.
Tuesday, March 6th 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 3rd 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Attending an orientation will allow you to register for any Nurse Assistant Training class held this year.
Nurse Assistant Training Classes:
Daytime: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
May 7 – June 1 (01156256)
June 4 – June 28 (01156301)
July 9 – August 2 (01156339)
July 31 – August 24 (01156390)
Evening: Monday – Thursday, 3:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
May 7 – June 13 (01155069)
July 9 – August 14 (01155167)
Thank you for your interest in becoming a certified Nurse Assistant in order to provide high quality care to help serve our community while becoming employed in the high demand field of caregivers!
Mary J. Bolcer, RN – Nurse Assistant Training Program Coordinator (810) 257-0723
- How to Raise Money for the Red CrossHow to Raise Money Through Promotional Traffic The Red Cross is a humanitarian organization that does a lot of good in the world. However, it is not able to raise money for its projects. The idea behind this article is to explain how the Red Cross can raise enough money to do its work, and […]
- What is CPR? What are the Best CPR Training Schools & Centers in India?How to Be a Basic CPR Trainer In India CPR is a lifesaving technique that can be used to save a person’s life. It consists of three steps: 1. Breathing in and out, while counting to 3. 2. When the person feels light-headed or dizzy, stop breathing for a moment, then start again counting to […]
- Red Cross Confirms Big Donation from GoogleGoogle has donated $5 million to the Red Cross through its Google.org foundation. The donation will go towards helping the victims of Hurricane Harvey, which is currently ravaging Texas and Louisiana. The donation is part of a larger effort by Google to help in natural disasters around the world. It was made possible by a […]
- Understand the Need to Perform CPR for Different Ages and Health ConditionsIntroduction: What is CPR and How Does It Work? The need to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is dependent on a variety of factors, including the age, health, and reactivity of the person in question. In some cases, CPR may be necessary to revive someone who has suffered a cardiac arrest or other medical emergency. However, […]
- “Get a Quick and Easy Understanding of Your Accounts”If you’re looking to get a quick and easy understanding of your accounts, look no further than this guide! By the end of it, you’ll know everything you need to use your checking, savings, and investment accounts to your advantage. What is an account? A bank account is the most common type of account. It’s […]
- How to Perform CPR the Right WayDo you know the right way to perform CPR? There are many different methods, and it is important to find one that works best for you. This article will outline the different methods and explain why each one is effective. The basics of CPR If you are ever faced with the situation where someone needs […]
- The Secrets to Crossing the Chapter Line SuccessfullyAre you feeling stuck in your career? Do you feel like you’re just not making the progress you want to? You’re not alone! Many people feel like this, but there are ways to break through and reach your career goals. In this article, we’ll talk about some of the secrets to crossing the chapter line […]
- The Top 5 Reasons to Spend the Night in a ShelterIf you are in a difficult situation, spending the night in a shelter may be the best decision you ever make. In this article, we will take a look at the top five reasons to spend the night in a shelter. People can get refuge from the elements in a shelter. Shelters offer a place […]
- 5 Ways to Avoid Obstacles When TravelingThere are a lot of things to consider when traveling, but one of the most important things to consider is avoiding obstacles. If you know how to avoid them, your trip will be much smoother and more enjoyable. In this article, we will provide tips on how to avoid obstacles when traveling. So don’t wait […]